Friday, May 30, 2008

Cultural Discoveries I Made Today

Two quick observations:

1.) They have fire drills in Korea just like the States. That's not surprising at all. But because we're teachers and therefore special, we don't have to practice with the kids. Besides, if there's a fire the students will probably wait for us to escape first anyway.

2.) Green tea ice cream is delicious. Dear U.S. branches of Baskin Robbins: get on this.

Also, has anyone ever heard the phrase "shilly-shally"? An English teacher at my school got an email with a list of common expressions from a big-name Korean English school, and apparantly that was on the list. I really don't know what it could mean, but maybe I've been missing something for the past 23 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog through your plan, and I enjoyed reading it. I'm always fascinated by stories of teaching English in Korea, as I've seriously thought about it myself.

Throw in more pictures.